One of my favorite marketing strategies is pretty simple: Study what successful people are doing and copy them.
Authors can do this with the best-selling or well-known authors in their genre or category, too.
That’s the approach behind today’s hack for getting more book reviews. This one focuses specifically on getting book reviews on blogs.
It will take you seconds — literally seconds — to find bloggers who review books just like yours.
Here’s a short, 2.5-minute video showing you how to do it.
Loose transcript for getting more book reviews video
You’ll get more out of this if you watch the short video, but here’s a loose transcript:
- Here’s a quick and easy author hack for finding more blogs that review books in your genre or category.
- It starts with Google. I’ll show you an example for both fiction and nonfiction.
- Type the name of a popular author in your genre or category plus “book review” into the search box.
- You’ll get a list of bloggers that reviewed that author’s books.
- (I go through this process for a romance novelist and a business book author.)
- These bloggers might review your book, too.
More ways to find reviewers
For a list of resources you can use to secure reviews, download my free report, “9 places to look for readers who write reviews,” here.
How do you get reviews for your books? What’s working for you right now? Share your best tip in a comment!
Like what you’re reading? Get it delivered to your inbox every week by subscribing to the free Build Book Buzz newsletter. You’ll also get my free “Top 5 Free Book Promotion Resources” cheat sheet immediately!