Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Associate links, which means if you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a couple of pennies (at no extra charge to you).
It’s time to have a little fun with your book promotion, isn’t it?
In addition to several literary holidays, June brings a fun selection of quirky, off-beat occasions you can use to call attention to your book online.
Some opportunities on the June calendar will jump right out at you like a grasshopper in new field grass. You might have to look a little harder for others.
Whether your opportunities are obvious or harder to see, looking for them and linking them to your book can be a nice change from what you’ve been dealing with in recent weeks.
How to take advantage of jazzin’ June holidays
Not sure how to go about pairing your book with any of these fun holidays below? Here are a few examples to get you started.
- June 2 is National Bubba Day, an occasion you can take advantage of if your book is about best friends, or if you’d like to blog about your bubba and what that person means to you. It’s a perfect match for an early readers book that releases June 1, The Adventures of Bubba Jones.
- I can see Kris Bordesa using June 10, Herbs and Spices Day, to call attention to her popular new book, Attainable Sustainable: The Lost Art of Self-Reliant Living (I just love that cover!).
- What about International Panic Day on June 18? There’s nothing like a heart-stopping thriller to generate a little reader panic. It’s also an opportunity for the author of a book on anxiety, including the memoir Little Panic: Dispatches from an Anxious Life.
Which can you add to your book promotion calendar?
Here’s a partial list of the quirky June holidays you can add to next month’s book promotion calendar. Get the full list on the Holiday Insights site.
- June 1 Dare Day
- June 2 National Bubba Day
- June 4 Hug Your Cat Day
- June 5 National Doughnut Day
- June 6 National Gardening Exercise Day
- June 7 VCR Day
- June 8 Best Friends Day
- June 10 Herb and Spices Day
- June 12 Red Rose Day
- June 13 Sewing Machine Day
- June 15 Smile Power Day
- June 17 Eat Your Vegetables Day
- June 18 International Panic Day
- June 19 Take a Road Trip Day
- June 18 National Bald Eagle Day
- June 18 National Hollerin’ Contest Day
- June 21 National Sea Shell Day
- June 23 International Widows Day
- June 24 International Fairy (or Faery) Day
- June 26 Beautician’s Day
- June 26 Forgiveness Day
- June 27 Sun Glasses Day
- June 28 International Body Piercing Day
- June 29 Camera Day
Which of these holidays can you use next month to help spark conversation and fun?
Like what you’re reading? Get it delivered to your inbox every week by subscribing to the free Build Book Buzz newsletter. You’ll also get my free “Top 5 Free Book Promotion Resources” cheat sheet immediately!