Persistence — and a little creativity — go a long way with book promotion.
One way to add some creativity to your book promotion is to link your book to seasonal activities, events, or holidays. “Back to school” is an obvious occasion for this time of the year, but there are lots of others coming up next month, too.
Can you link your book to any of these fun or quirky September holidays and special occasions? If you can, you’ve got a promotional hook that you can run with.
Write a blog post, pitch a story idea, send a press release, create an image to share on your Facebook page or Twitter. Imagine all you can do with this! You just need a credible connection to the “holiday” of your choice.
September’s book promotion occasions
Here are just a few of the fun offerings at Holiday Insights, where you’ll find a longer list that might offer an even better fit for your book in September.
And . . . note that three special days below have a connection to books! What author can’t make the most of “Read a Book Day?”
Click through on each link for the details.
- September 2 International Bacon Day
- September 5 Be Late for Something Day
- September 5 Cheese Pizza Day
- September 6 Fight Procrastination Day
- September 6 Read a Book Day
- September 8 International Literacy Day
- September 9 Teddy Bear Day
- September 10 Sewing Machine Day
- September 11 Make Your Bed Day
- September 13 Defy Superstition Day
- September 13 Fortune Cookie Day
- September 13 Positive Thinking Day
- September 16 Step Family Day
- September 18 National Women’s Friendship Day
- September 18 Wife Appreciation Day
- September 19 International Talk Like A Pirate Day
- September 25 National Comic Book Day
- September 28 National Good Neighbor Day
- September 29 Confucius Day
Naturally, not every author will find a good fit on September’s list of occasions, but you can look ahead to October and November for more inspiration.
Have you ever used this tactic to promote your book? Let us know in a comment.
Like what you’re reading? Get it delivered to your inbox every week by subscribing to the free Build Book Buzz newsletter. You’ll also get my free “Top 5 Free Book Promotion Resources” cheat sheet immediately!