In climates like the one where I live, winter begins to wear us down by February. That’s why adding a little fun to your book promotion is so important. It’s fun for you; it’s fun for your audience, too.
And that’s where today’s list of fabulous and fun Friday holidays and special occasions comes in. You can use it to create a blog post that generates comments and shares, get media attention, or start a lively discussion on social media.
You can use this strategy every month to keep people talking about your book, too. Just check HolidayInsight.com’s month-by-month list of weird and wacky special dates for inspiration.
February ideas you can plan around now
I find that examples help me understand a new-to-me concept, so I’ll get you rolling into February with a smile by showing how authors can use some of the upcoming fun February dates:
- February 1 is “No Politics Day.” No matter what country you’re in, people are probably talking about politics quite a bit. It’s even possible that they’re talking about it a little too much, eh? Create a “No Politics Day” challenge, inviting your social media connections to abstain from political discussions for 24 hours. Create a social media image that announces the challenge; “brand” it with your website URL and site or cover colors.
- The 92nd Academy Awards event is February 9. Write a blog post about the nominated movies that started as books and why you think they were made into films. Post on Facebook about who you’d cast in the movie version of your book or what you’d say in your acceptance speech. Interview the author of a book that was made into a movie on Facebook Live or your blog.
- February 18, “National Drink Wine Day,” allows the authors of The New Wine Rules* or The Wine Bible* to create and distribute a tip sheet to the media or do press interviews about how today’s consumers make wine selection decisions. (*Those are Amazon Associate links.)
See how easy it is to find ways to use these holidays or events to your advantage? Get creative! Have fun!
Festive and fun February book promotion opportunities
Use this short list of fun February holidays to inspire you. See all of them on the Holiday Insights site.
- February 1 No Politics Day
- February 1 Spunky Old Broads Day
- February 3 The Day the Music Died (Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper died in a plane crash in 1959)
- February 7 Wave All Your Fingers at Your Neighbor Day
- February 9 National Pizza Day
- February 9 Academy Awards/Oscar Night
- February 10 Clean out Your Computer Day
- February 11 Make a Friend Day
- February 11 White T-Shirt Day
- February 12 National Lost Penny Day
- February 17 Random Acts of Kindness Day
- February 18 National Drink Wine Day
- February 19 National Chocolate Mint Day
- February 21 Card Reading Day
- February 23 International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
- February 26 National Pistachio Day
- February 27 No Brainer Day
- February 28 Floral Design Day
- February 29 Leap Day
How can you link any of these to your book or its theme, message, characters, or mission?
Like what you’re reading? Get it delivered to your inbox every week by subscribing to the free Build Book Buzz newsletter. You’ll also get my free “Top 5 Free Book Promotion Resources” cheat sheet immediately!