Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Associate links, which means if you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a couple of pennies (at no extra charge to you).
There’s a lot of gloom and doom out there thanks to the coronavirus, so why not be a source of smiles by adding a little (much-needed) sunshine to your book promotion next month?
Instead of posting about the number of reported cases in your area or debating whether consumers should be stockpiling face masks, create lighter social media content. Try linking your book to one of the many fun and unusual occasions coming up in April.
Yes, it takes a little thought and creativity, but doesn’t all book promotion? What’s more, your followers will certainly appreciate the break from the depressing headlines and epidemic updates.
How to take advantage of amazing April holidays
Not sure how to go about pairing your book with any of these fun holidays below? Here are a few examples to get you started.
- April 5 is Plan Your Epitaph Day, which makes it a great fit for a book on cemeteries, including 199 Cemeteries to See Before You Die or the edgy novel Headstone.
- Think of the fun you might have with April 14, Ex-Spouse Day. Plenty of fiction revolves around people in this category. I can also see Sonia Frontera, author of Solve the Divorce Dilemma: Do You Keep Your Husband or Do You Post Him on Craigslist? using this one as a content springboard.
- National Honesty Day on April 30 is tailor-made for Judi Ketteler’s new book, Would I Lie to You? The Amazing Power of Being Honest in a World That Lies. Several children’s books address honesty, too. Does it play a part in your fiction?
Which can you add to your book promotion calendar?
Here’s a partial list of the amazing April holidays you can add to next month’s book promotion calendar. Get the full list on the Holiday Insights site.
- April 1 National Walking Day
- April 2 National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- April 3 National Walk to Work Day
- April 4 School Librarian Day
- April 5 Plan Your Epitaph Day
- April 7 World Health Day
- April 9 Name Yourself Day
- April 11 Barbershop Quartet Day
- April 12 Walk on Your Wild Side Day
- April 13 Scrabble Day
- April 14 Ex-Spouse Day
- April 15 Rubber Eraser Day
- April 16 National High Five Day
- April 16 Mushroom Day
- April 17 Pet Owners Independence Day
- April 19 National Garlic Day
- April 21 Kindergarten Day
- April 22 Earth Day (U.S.)
- April 23 National Zucchini Bread Day
- April 25 National DNA Day
- April 27 Babe Ruth Day
- April 29 National Zipper Day
- April 30 National Honesty Day
Be sure to check the list of 25 April holidays in the Build Book Buzz 2020 literary calendar, too.
Which of these holidays can you use next month to help spark conversation and fun?
Subscribe to the free Build Book Buzz newsletter and get the free special report, “Top 5 Free Book Promotion Resources,” immediately!